I just came across this forum and love the level of interaction, collaboration, and professional quality work! I thought I would share a song of my own to learn from the collective knowledge base here.
The way I envision this mixoff is a combination of some of the forum categories - mixoff, collaborative mixoff, audition mixoff. As I am new here, I would like to know if this is a reasonable mixoff request.
1) Initially I will provide the song with only DI guitar, DI bass, DI vocal, and Drum tracks without a reference mix - I feel this should give more diversity in the mixes.
[glow=red,2,300=red,2,300]Download those files below - Dawn of the end 94 BPM[/glow]Original Raw Tracks
[glow=green,2,300=green,2,300]Requested Stems below[/glow]
These were not part of the original upload and have been requested by various people. Use as many or as few as needed for your vision. The vocal bridge double/harmony file has a double in first instance and a harmony in the second instance. Cut/Copy/Paste at will. Simpler Kick Drums (Replace master, kick, overhead, and room tracks with these if a simpler kick pattern is desired)Main Guitar DoublesVocal Doubles and Bridge Harmony
2) Feel free to deconstruct/reconstruct the song - add, remove, or switch around any part(s) of the song. Also feel free to collaborate and add your own tracks if so desired.
3) I will be available to record and upload any additional tracks requested. Feel free to ask for anything - additional guitar parts, vocals, different microphone positioning, changes to drums, adding piano, strings, claps, pads, cricket ambiance, anything!
I realize that this is mixoff not produceoff but I thought it might be fun.
4) I will upload my reference mix of the song after a couple weeks and provide tracks with printed effects if requested (ie distorted guitars)
I am now going to switch gears on this mixoff away from production and focus on the mix. I have added my original mix of the song using the same DI tracks in the "Original Raw Tracks" file above.Dawn of the end - Insignificant Figures Mix
Feedback would be greatly appreciated!
I have also added the guitars with effects if you want them for mixing:Guitars with printed effects
5) Consider this mixoff just for fun, however I have spent way too much time mixing this track and too little time to playing/arranging/writing others. It is a possibility that in the end this will be an audition mixoff.